Friday, May 23, 2008

Watching the rain fall outside

I find it very calming watching the rain outside and even more just walking in the rain. It seems like it rains more in May than it does in April (they should probably fix that rhyme then).

So I have been trying to memorize scripture verses so that I can use them for when things get difficult mostly but also for other reasons too. I have been practicing Psalm 86:11,12 for the last two weeks. That may seem long for some but for me, it takes a lot of repetition to memorize something so that I can think of it without having to read it first.

"11 Teach me your ways oh Lord that I may live according to your truth. Grant me purity of heart so that I may honor you. 12 With all my heart I will praise you oh Lord my God. I will give glory to your name, forever."

I have been trying to make that my prayer too, disecting each sentence and honestly reflecting on it instead of just reciting words. Its not easy thats for sure, but I guess its starting at the beginning. Learning what God's truth is and making it my lifestyle and to also have a pure heart (that contains a lot in it itself) is so difficult and so important. I am constantly reminding myself that what I say, do, and think needs to give glory to God and that what others think of me shouldn't take priority of what God thinks of me.

No comments: